why hire a medical writer?
You may be wondering why you need a medical writer at all. If you have staff in-house with expertise in the subject matter, can’t they put together whatever documentation you need? The answer is, probably not. Here is why:
- Information collation: Maybe the information you need in a single document is available online, in a stack of published papers, in the heads of a few of your experts, and perhaps on the audio file of a recorded conference. A medical writer knows how to collect this information, review it, address gaps and inconsistencies, and put it together in one comprehensive document that is easy and engaging to read.
- Talking to your audience: Whether you want to convince patients to take their medication, physicians to give your product a try, or the government to fund your research, dropping a generic document in their lap is not going to do the job. A medical writer can determine what your audience needs to know and then write to their level of interest, expertise, and education.
- Professionalism: Ever sit down at a restaurant to a menu full of typos or flip through a company brochure that doesn’t seem to make any sense or have a clear point? Often, the written word is your client’s first contact with you. You want them to know you are professionals, so hire a professional to prepare your documentation.
- Speed: Ever try to get a report written during your down time in between jobs? Does anyone really have down time at work anymore? If you want something written, hire a writer to do it properly and expediently.
- Insight: Medical writers are first and foremost communicators. Not sure how to get your message across? Trying to decide between a brochure, graph, or video? We can help.